Subaru Loves Manual Transmissions!
Every second of every day the car industry is updating and innovating cabins, body styles and all things under the hood! With this constant evolution of the automotive industry, it’s common for things to get swept under the next-gen rug! Due to the futuristic fate of the automotive industry, many questions arise. One of the most popular questions is, “Are they making manual transmissions anymore?” Not only is the car industry still creating these vehicles, Subaru USA and Competition Subaru are more than happy to deliver!
Subaru USA and Competition Subaru are proud to deliver manual transmission vehicles of all sizes and types! Over the first 6 months of 2022, Subaru sold over 10,290 manual cars and crossovers! That is a lot of gears to manually shift!
As previously mentioned, Competition Subaru and Subaru USA are excited to offer as many new and Pre-Owned manual options as we possibly can! Currently, Subaru USA and Competition Subaru offer:
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission on the Subaru Impreza Sedan (Standard Trim)
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission the Subaru Impreza 5-Door (Standard Trim)
View this post on Instagram
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission with Incline Start Assist on the Subaru Crosstrek (found in the Standard and Premium trim)
- 6-Speed Close-Ratio Manual Transmission with Incline Start Assist on the Subaru BRZ (Limited and tS trims)
- 6-Speed Close-Ratio Manual Transmission with Incline Start Assist on the Subaru WRX (Standard, Premium and Limited trims)
- 6-Speed Close-Ratio Manual Transmission with Incline Start Assist on the Subaru WRX STI (Standard and Limited Trims)
As we’ve previously stated, some of these manual transmission Subaru vehicles have a very special and innovative feature of their own: Incline Start Assist. Incline Start Assist is available on select Subaru Crosstrek, Subaru BRZ and Subaru WRX/STI vehicles!
Incline Start Assist will take proactive measures to assist the Subaru driver as they manually shift gears. The Incline Start Assist feature senses when the vehicle senses it is on a steep incline and maintains brake pressure for 2 seconds after the driver releases the brake pedal! This feature comes from the future but benefits those who prefer the mechanics of the past! Customers no longer have to worry about rolling backwards when parked on a hill or stopped in Long Island traffic!
Out of 10,290 manual vehicles sold from January-July of 2022:
- 4,907 were Subaru WRX/STIs
- 1,164 were Subaru BRZs
- 3,503 vehicles were Subaru Crosstreks
- 716 units were Subaru Imprezas
These fleet calculations are incredibly impressive when considering their part within the whole:
- 79% of Subaru WRX/WRX STIs that were sold within 6 months of 2022 were manual
- 70% of the Subaru BRZ vehicles that were sold had a manual transmission
- the Subaru Crosstrek and Impreza had a 5% rate of sold vehicles with manual transmissions
The percentage for the Subaru Crosstrek sounds lackluster but is impressive! A manual transmission for the Subaru Crosstrek can only be found on the Base trim and the Premium trim, making the availability rate significantly lower: 3,503 Subaru Crosstrek vehicles out of the 70,050 models have strictly a manual transmission.
Competition Subaru is proud to offer manual transmission vehicles of many shapes, sizes and colors! If you are looking for a very specific, one-of-a-kind build, contact us! We are more than happy to assist you with your search! As the car industry is forever changing, Competition Subaru makes it a priority to service all of our customers regardless of their needs or how their cars switch gears! It is a privilege to deliver both new and Certified Pre-Owned manual transmission vehicles to car enthusiasts all over Long Island!
0 comment(s) so far on Subaru Loves Manual Transmissions!