How To Use Voice Command In Subaru Cars
If you own a Subaru car or are thinking of purchasing one, you may be wondering how to use the voice command feature. Voice command is an incredibly useful feature that allows you to make use of certain functions hands-free, making your life safer and easier while on the road. In this article, we share with you some top tips on using voice command in Subaru cars.
Understanding Voice Recognition and Commands
Specific models of Subaru cars come with a voice recognition system where you can perform certain tasks hands-free. This includes making use of multiple functionalities on your phone, utilizing the automatic climate control system and radio, on top of many others. Before attempting to use voice commands, first check that your Subaru car is programmed with this feature.
Activating Voice Recognition
To start using voice commands in your Subaru car, follow the below steps:
- Press the TALK button on your steering wheel. You will hear a confirmatory beep when the feature has been activated.
- Give the command you wish the feature to perform, such as “Set the temperature to 75 degrees” or “Call home”. Take note that the voice recognition system will only respond to recognized commands.
- For the full list of recognized commands, say “Help” after activating voice commands. You can also find the list on Subaru’s official website.
Keep in mind that voice recognition cannot be used in conjunction with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. If there are any loud ambient noises when voice recognition is activated, it can interfere with the system’s ability to recognize your command. Always ensure that you speak clearly to ensure the system can recognize your commands effectively and get the most out of your experience.
If you wish to cancel the most recent command you have given, practice the following steps:
- Press the X button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold the TALK button again, giving your new command.
Adjusting Volume of Voice Commands
Need to adjust the volume of your voice recognition system? Follow the simple steps below:
- Ensure that voice recognition is activated.
- You can adjust the volume either by the knobs or volume switches on the steering wheel.
Find Your New Ride at Competition Subaru of Smithtown
Are you looking to purchase a new Subaru vehicle, or one that is pre-owned? Regardless of your budget, preferences and lifestyle habits, we have a model for you. If you have a specific model in mind or would like a personalized recommendation based on your needs, our friendly team is always ready to assist. We are dedicated to treating our customers like family and you can be assured of receiving the best customer service experience when you shop with us. To this purpose, we focus on building long-lasting relationships with our clients. Find your next new ride with Competition Subaru of Smithtown today!