How To Change Your Subaru Key Battery
Has your Subaru key fob run low on battery, or is it not working as well as it used to? If so, you may be wondering if you can change out the battery by yourself, without the need to head down to a mechanic or engage professional services. The answer is yes.
In this guide, we share with you how you can change your Subaru key battery. Depending on the type of key fob you have, all you will need is a flathead screwdriver and a new battery which can be purchased cheaply from any convenience or grocery store.
Changing the Battery of Your Subaru Key Fob (Standard Remote Style)
The first step to changing your Subaru key battery is to remove the old one. To do that, you will need to figure out how to pry open the body of your key fob. We give you a step-by-step guide on doing so:
- Locate the silver button on the back of your key fob and press it. This will trigger the release of the glove box key, which will open the glove box.
- Slot the key into the slot to open the glove box. Once the glove box is open, you have access to the internal components of your key.
- Using the key, push the button that secures the various compartments within the body of your key fob. Ensure that any loose parts such as the spring and button do not get lost in the process as you will need to put them back together later.
- Remove the old battery, place the new one into the slot, and put your key fob back together.
Changing the Battery of Your Subaru Key Fob (Remote Head Key Style)
If you have a key style Subaru key fob, you will need a flathead screwdriver in order to pry open the body and replace the battery. Below is how you can do so:
- Locate the tab at the top of your key’s body and insert the flathead screwdriver into it. This should separate the two components of your key’s body, giving you access to the inner compartments.
- Once your key’s body is open, remove the smaller compartment and open it. Here is where your battery is located.
- Remove the old battery, insert the new one, and assemble the components back together. That’s all you need to do!
Shop for New and Used Subaru Vehicles at Competition Subaru of Smithtown
If you are looking to purchase a new Subaru vehicle or a pre-owned Subaru model, come to Competition Subaru of Smithtown for all your needs. We stock a wide range of models to suit different preferences, budgets, and lifestyle needs. Our sales department is open seven days a week while our service department is open Monday to Saturday. Our business is deeply rooted in the Long Island community, and we have made contributions to many organizations, including the Smithtown Children’s Foundation, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, and more. Our sales department can be contacted at 888-604-0343.